Enrollment Enhancement Program
The Enrollment Enhancement Program provides financial assistance to academic departments that have experienced declining student enrollments for longer than one year. The maximum award per campus is $10,000.
A campus committee, group, or individual in an academic department or program that has experienced a significant decline in student enrollment over the past year or longer.
A project or activity that is single campus, multi-campus, or statewide that would significantly enhance student enrollment and includes the following:
- Whether the project or activity has been available before on campus, newly conceptualized, or successful elsewhere.
- A description of the tangible and measurable results expected with details of the method of reporting and evaluation to be employed.
- Evidence of a discussion with the campus admissions office and coordination with other campus recruitment efforts.
- A time schedule for implementation, including methods to achieve project or activity goals.
- Expected impact on target group and negative consequences if any, of not being able to carry out the project or activity.
- Joint campus labor-management endorsement.
- List of outside vendors or experts, if any, and how they will be selected.
Special consideration will be given to projects or activities that demonstrate the following:
- Cost effectiveness.
- Matching funds from the campus or in-kind campus services.
- Expected impact upon enrollment.
- Evidence of coordination with other campus recruitment efforts.
A campus financial contribution of a minimum of 40% of the total project or activity expenses. NYS/UUP Joint Labor-Management Committees' funds that have been awarded to the campus should not be included as part of the campus's contribution.
A completed Application, with attachments, may be submitted at any time, but at least 45 days prior to the commencement of the project or activity. The decision to fund an application is at the discretion of the Employment Committee.
- Read the Application Instructions.
- Fill out, print and sign the Application.
- Have the Application signed by the campus president or designee and the UUP chapter president.
- Send the Application with required attachments listed below to the NYS/UUP JLMC staff.
Proposed project or activity described under Eligibility.
A chart demonstrating declining enrollment over a period of three years or longer.
A letter from the campus president or designee indicating the campus's financial contribution of a minimum of 40% of the total project or activity expenses.
A list of other grant support, if any.
Letter of endorsement by campus president or designee and chapter president.
Additional information may be requested by the Employment Committee.
A Program Evaluation must be submitted within 30 days of completing the project or activity. If the funded project or activity was completed at the time of the award, the evaluation must be completed within 30 days of the award notification. The Committee may postpone taking action on subsequent applications submitted by the award recipient until the Program Evaluation is received.
General Program Information
The General Program Information section provides information pertaining to the disbursement of New York State/United University Professions Joint Labor-Management Committees' funds, including application follow-up, acknowledgement of committee funds, expenditure limitations, reimbursement of expenditures, equipment policy, and contacts.